Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sour Cream Enchiladas

I decided today was the day to make sour cream enchiladas. I searched for a couple of easy recipes and I combined them into a recipe of my own.

2 boneless chicken breasts
white corn tortillas
sour cream
can of green chili enchilada sauce
can of green chilis
shredded mexican blend cheese

Here's what I did. I boiled and shredded a couple chicken breasts. (my favorite way to shred chicken)



I combined almost a full can of green chili enchilada sauce (reserving a bit for the top after they were wrapped), 2 cups of mexican shredded cheese, half a can of green chilis, and about 8 ounces of sour cream.


I heated the corn tortilla shells in the microwave with a wet papertowel in order to soften them up. I spooned in the filling and rolled them up, placing them in a slightly oiled 9x13 glass dish.



I topped these with some left over green chili sauce mixed with a few chilis and a couple spoonfuls of sour cream and finally about another cup of mexican shredded cheese.




I covered the dish with foil and baked them on 350 degree for 40 minutes. Yum!

No comments: