Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cake Pops . . .



Make a cake per mix instructions. I made a basic chocolate cake. Make sure you let it cool, completely! I cut mine in chunks and put it in the fridge for an hour or so.

Make Cream Cheese frosting. I made mine with this basic recipe:
1 8oz cream cheese (softened)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
3/4 stick of butter
1 T milk (or cream if you're feeling risky)
mix with hand mixer until smooth
Crumble your cooled cake. Add frosting until it is the consistency of playdoh. I used the universal measurement of a "glump". (Probably a cup or so.)



Roll cake with your hands to form smallish balls. Put them on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer.


Melt candy melts or almond bark in a mug per package instructions. Dip cake balls that have been put on a sucker stick. Roll until excess chocolate drips off, sprinkle before chocolate cools.



I stuck my pops in floral foam that I shoved in a basket. (I left it wrapped in the plastic so the foam wouldn't flake and be icky)

No comments: